Wednesday 28 September 2016

Getting from Cape Town to India

It was easy enough to decide to leave the city of Cape Town to take a journey that I have dreamed for a few years now. 

When the invitation came to attend the Peace of Mind Retreat in Mount Abu - where the Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual  University  head quarters are, I did not hesitate to accept it. This was the 3rd opportunity I  had to go to India. In this case, the 2nd invitation  to the Peace of Mind Retreat. I did not want to pass it up.

The last time I had to pull out due to lack of funds. This time the money came the same week I received the invite. It was also the same week we got our kitten, Flower and the same week I was knocked out by the flu or something for 8 days. This germ continued to boomerang 3 or 4 times since.

So preparing for this trip was not as easy as saying YES to it.  I could afford the trip because I have had quite a few projects to work on. The workload was a challenge to manage with the recurring illness. Today I sat in the plane to Johannesburg thinking it's a miracle I managed  to organise myself to make this happen. The time within which to get everything together was short and I did it all in small chunks. Window shopping for luggage bags, then later going to buy it.

Carving out an hour of my day to book flights or do another errand. Somehow I pulled it all off.

The real achievement  here is that I was able to put my own self care needs above work demands. This trip is about taking care of my spiritual needs. This is a real growth point, especially  since i did this with a full workload.

It was still a challenge to stop working to let go of projects that are underway and to trust that they will be okay and still be there when I get back.

So saying yes was easy. Making it happen was challenging and I persevered. Now, it is happening. I was not always this woman, today I am thankful  I  am woman who can make her dreams come true.

Peace

4 comments:

  1. All things are possible! You are in your flow, enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yes I am and its quite something!

      Delete
  2. Let your divine self reveal itself. May you absorb all that you experience in the next 2 weeks, and grow in untold ways. <3

    ReplyDelete