Friday 4 October 2013

sacred contracts

Once again I am reminded that we learn what we need to learn at the right time. A number of years ago, I heard about Caroline Myss's book Sacred Contracts. At some stage I explored a bit of it on the internet.  I never got around to acquiring or reading the book till a year ago when I bought it, and only a month ago I started to read it. I can see why its taken me a while to get to this book. It is challenging me to let go of some good friends that have overstayed their welcome - the good friends being old fears and behaviours that no longer serve, outdated responses to the current reality. At the same time it is demanding of me to dig very deep and draw on my inner resources to grow in the direction I need to as I come to understand myself on a deeper and more intimate level. Lots of hard work.... I needed to be ready to do this. Grateful that I am doing it. 

A powerful book, and I am not yet half way. It is also reminding me that surrender is part of the journey sometimes and one needs to know when surrender is required. 

No comments:

Post a Comment