Monday 6 October 2014

Who am I


How long have we held on to the narcissistic idea of being pure, good, right, valiant and loving?
How could we be anything less? 
Who am I?
The truth is I am pure, good, right, valiant and loving and more
I am strong and weak
  I am mother and child
traumatized yet traumatising
  loving yet hurtful beautiful and light sad and dark
  I am all of these and more – I am a paradox of conflicting moralities, qualities and feelings
I have very many parts – it comes with human nature and depth of soul
For too long I have disowned my dark side; as I struggle to find myself to discover my soul and answer the question “who am I?”
I am led to acknowledge my darkness, to embrace it to say “I am all this it is true!”
“I am all this all the time!”
This realisation releases my self-imposed shackles
Freeing me to explore the unchartered territories of my soul – to know myself more intimately to know that we are all a mosaic of light and dark and that you cannot be the one without the other! 
The challenge is to learn how to live with them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment